Today’s Affirmation: Lord, I give you my heart and my eyes delight in Your ways.
A few words can say so much! Proverbs 23:26 states:
“Give me your heart, my son,
And let your eyes delight in my ways.” (NASV)
I spent most of my life doing only a little of both. How did that work out? Can I give Him some of my heart and just be aware of His ways? Or does it require your whole heart and true delight in His ways.
I have to ask myself:
- Have I ever been tempted by the desire for finer things?
- Have I ever grown weary chasing after wealth?
- Have I ever been led astray by the deception of another person?
- Have I experienced where a lack of discipline may have created issues for me or my children?
- Have I ever allowed the allure of envy take my eyes off of God?
- Have I ever been tempted by alcohol or gluttony?
- Have I ever been tempted by sexual immorality?
All of this covered in just one book of wisdom in God’s Holy Scripture in Proverbs 23. Amazing how such few words can impact so many lives. As you reflect on this list, how has this worked in your life so far? I am amazed at those who have been so willing to give all of their heart! I love to see the results of those who have delighted in His ways.
Lord, I delight in the amazing wisdom you gave to us in your Holy Scripture. May I delight in it and give you my heart so your word is alive in my heart. That I will seek you with all of me and see Your fruit and Your will being done.
It is all about You dear Lord. Thank you for forgiving me for giving my heart to other things besides you and for seeking my own ways. Thanks for welcoming me back with such grace and love. I give You my heart and please help me delight in Your ways.